ERT is pleased to announce our involvement in the upcoming American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas. We’ll welcome visitors in booth 614 at the Austin Convention Center from January 8-11, 2018. In addition, four of our scientific personnel will either present papers/posters that they’ve authored or chair key sessions during the event. Details of this involvement is below:
- A Python Reference Implementation of Standard Drought and Climate Indices – James Adams
- Engaging with Users of Climate Information and the Co-Production of Knowledge – Michael C. Kruk
- Do Floods Terminate a Drought? – Michael C. Kruk
- Co-Program Chair, 34th Conference of the Environmental Information Processing Technologies – Nazila Merati
- Organizer, NOAA Big Data Project – Updates – Nazila Merati
- Advances in Suomi NPP ATMS SDR Life-Cycle Reprocessing – Ninghai Sun
- Performance of JPSS-1 and Suomi NPP ATMS Instruments – Ninghai Sun
We’re also thrilled to announce that Kenneth Carey, ERT VP Emeritus was selected as the 2018 recipient of The Joanne Simpson Mentorship Award for generous, energetic, and thoughtful mentoring of hundreds of students and early-career professionals throughout a distinguished career. Mr. Carey will receive his award at the Annual Awards Banquet on Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
For more information on this event, please visit https://annual.ametsoc.org/2018/.