ERT has been selected to conduct a $2.6M Remedial Investigation (RI) and prepare an Engineering Evaluation/Cost Analysis (EE/CA) at the former Erie Army Depot, located along the southern banks of Lake Erie. The project involves the removal and disposal of military munitions along an eight-mile long shoreline and an investigation of subsurface conditions and environmental contamination near the former depot. It is expected to be completed in 2013.
The former Erie Army Depot is located between Port Clinton and Toledo, OH. Originally commissioned as the Camp Perry Proving Ground in 1918, it was used primarily to provide facilities for the Ordnance Department in accepting weapons systems. From 1920 to 1941, the Erie AD served as a receipt, storage, and issue point for munitions; and was later used as a proving ground.